E14 9SL - TBC
M&E commissioning manager on a large scale residential development. To be responsible for the management of the commissioning of all M&E systems ensuring commissioning is undertaken and completed in line with the Construction Programme and systems are operating in accordance with the design and regulations. To identify where construction/installation works are preventing the commissioning of systems and assist the M&E team in addressing these.
· To have M&E commissioning experience as an engineer/supervisor/manager.
· Preferably mechanically biased with knowledge of LTHW and ChW systems utilising HIUs and FCUs.
· Preferably to have experience working on residential schemes with knowledge of applicable regulations and standards.
To be responsible for:
· Reviewing the design/installation for system commission-ability.
· Ensuring installations are complete in every respect in accordance with the design and to all relevant regulations and standards to enable commissioning.
· Managing and reporting on the commissioning.
. To track the progress of commissioning in relation to programme/agreed dates.
. To review and comment on Trade Contractor’s trackers, programme, certificates and other applicable documentation.
· Witnessing commissioning and managing consultant and statutory authority witnessing.
· Be responsible for managing the O&M issuing process including the reviewing of.
Extent of scope not solely restricted to commissioning
but to include all aspects of Construction, Building Services and M&E
installation that impact the commissioning. To coordinate with MEP Team and all
RCSL project managers/managers/supervisors. A duty care and awareness to be
taken for all other systems and trades and any issues/concerns or queries
regarding the installations and methods to be raised with the relevant manager.
Key systems include but not restricted to:
· LTHW; Boilers/CHPs & HIUs
· ChW; Chillers & FCUs
· Corridor Smoke Ventilation
· Access Control/Security
· Fire Alarm
· BMS To liaise and coordinate with other members of the Construction Management team in relation
Design – MEP Manager & Supervisors and Technical Design Team
Drawings – Review, comment, coordinate with MEP Team and Fit
out/Structures/Civils as applicable.
Installation – MEP managers & supervisors, sub-contractor and relevant managers.
Shell & Core – Coordinate with relevant Manager/s.
Fit Out – To coordinate with relevant Block Manager/s.
Site Instructions – Prepare with Commercial and gain approval with RCSL team prior
to raising a site instruction.
RFIs – Prepare and issue as required.
Snag Lists – Produce, review, monitor and manage closure of all snags impacting on commissioning utilising the Conject system.
Witnessing – To witness the testing and commissioning of all systems managing 3rd party witnessing and the recording/reporting of results.
BIW Submittals – Audit weekly ensuring test certification uploads are up to date and O&M
information is issued in a timely fashion in line with agreed dates.
Consultants/NHBC/Building Control/ Secure by Design – Arrange inspections/witnessing.
RAMS – Review and approve commissioning RAMs.
Site safety reviews - Weekly
Disciplinary Notices - Implement
BIW submittals – Audit weekly
Site Instructions – Prepare as required and gain approval with RCSL team prior to raising a site instruction.
Sequencing – Determine overall sequencing of commissioning program
4 Week Look ahead – Sequence and manage commissioning works, sign offs & witnessing.
Progress Trackers & Programme Drop Lines – Update weekly progress
Labour – Weekly counts, report adequateness
Access/Signage/ Equipment to facilitate commissioning works.
Chair and minute weekly MEP Commissioning meeting
Attend weekly Contractor Scoring and Health & Safety
Attend other meetings as required
Report on commissioning progress daily internally and formally to the extend team on a bi-weekly/weekly basis as required.