Technical Facilities Manager - Permanent - Embassy Gardens, South West London
Hours: 40 per week, 08.30am - 17.30pm Monday to Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Day to day management of hard services and critical infrastructure related to the development and in accordance with the framework of systems centrally defined by the Facilities Department.
- Local management and coordination of contractors, consultants and service partners on site in line with the centrally defined contract mechanisms.
- Local management and auditing of infrastructure and building services including fire and security systems, water hygiene, vertical transport, utilities and critical plant via the appointed CAFM system.
- Monitor health, safety & compliance activities across the estate in accordance with the BAML Health and Safety Strategy and using our Meridian compliance system.
- To assist in the mobilisation, delivery and coordination of project works on site.
- To provide facilities-related advice and support to the estate management team.
- To maintain clear reporting to the central Facilities department and Property Director ensuring visibility of local infrastructure status and immediately escalate issues for further support as required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated or experienced to NVQ level 6 in Facilities Management, Building Services, Estate Management or a related discipline.
- To hold membership of a relevant professional body including BIFM, CIBSE, RICS or IOSH.
- Must hold a NEBOSH or IOSH accredited qualification in Health & Safety.
- To have an engineering background with a sound understanding of M&E, Critical infrastructure, contract management and PPM’s.
- Detailed experience in the use of CAFM and compliance software.
- Experience working in facilities or estate management for a minimum of 10 years.
- Solid experience in the management of external suppliers, contactors and consultants covering a range of services. (Primarily hard services)
- Experience of the management and coordination of health safety.
- Familiarity with facilities documentation including O&M manuals, drawings, engineer reports, compliance certificates and PPM planners.
- Experience working in a project environment and the handover of new schemes.
We operate as an equal opportunities employer