- Reporting into the Facilities Manager and working with him/her to ensure the smooth running of the estate and the delivery of excellent customer service to residents and commercial tenants
- Day-to-Day administrative support to the Estate Facilities Department.
- Day-to-Day administrative record-filing for all compliance paperwork.
- Coordinating with staff, consultants and external contractors operating on the development.
- Engaging resource from the estate management team as required to deliver facilities services.
- Update, amend, maintain & manage the information for developments Facilities & Compliance paperwork.
- Coordination of contractors, consultants and service partners on site in line with the centrally defined contract mechanisms in the Facilities Manager absence.
- E-mail correspondence & communication on behalf of FM department on site.
- Maintain Insurance correspondence, records & tracker information at all times..
- Local auditing of infrastructure and building services including fire and security systems, water hygiene, vertical transport, utilities and critical plant in line with the compliance tracker / PPM calendar.
- Monitor health, safety & compliance activities across the estate in accordance with our Health and Safety Strategy.
- To provide facilities-related advice and support to the estate management team.
- To maintain clear reporting to the Facilities Manager & Facilities department ensuring the visibility of local infrastructure status and immediately escalate issues for further support as required.
- To be a part of the Residential Estates Team maintaining the culture, policies, company rules and ensuring the highest quality management is provided on behalf of Ballymore Group at all times.
- Support on the local maintenance of the building infrastructure including structure, building envelope, internal fabric and mechanical& electrical services in accordance with the framework defined by the Facilities department.
- Support with the required inspection, auditing, record keeping and document control activities associated with the above.
- To act as the point of contact for locally delivered FM activities including the action of recommendations arising from fire risk assessments, water hygiene risk assessments, health & safety audits and other external inspections in the Facilities Managers absence.
- Support, monitoring for the estate management team members in their discharge of facilities-related activities including, but not limited to, fire alarm testing, fire door inspections operation of M&E systems (CCTV, BMS, access control etc), communication with customers, contractor call-outs, compilation of SOPs and shift handovers.
- Support where all Estate Manager, Security, Housekeeping and other soft services staff are not trained and familiar with building infrastructure and hard services at the level required to discharge their duties.
- Support with the swift identification and rectification of day-to-day maintenance activities including re-lamping of light fittings and minor repairs.
- Follow up on out-of-hours reports to ensure that actions are closed out appropriately with the Facilities Manager.
• Support with regular reports to the Facilities Manager related to the status of the local facilities and any associated risks.
- To promptly escalate matters to the Facilities Manager for advice, support and instruction as required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working in facilities or estate management for a minimum of 3 years (Essential)
- Experience in the management of external suppliers, contractors and consultants covering a range of services (Essential)
- Experience of the management and coordination of health, safety and welfare (Essential)
- Familiarity with facilities documentation including O&M manuals, drawings, engineer reports, compliance certificates and PPM planners (Essential)
- Experience working in a project environment and the handover of new schemes (Desirable)Experience working alongside multiple soft services trades and disciplines in including Security, Valet, Concierge and Housekeeping (Desirable)
- To hold, or be working towards, membership of a relevant professional body including BIFM, CIBSE, RICS or IOSH.
- To hold, or be working towards, a NEBOSH or IOSH accredited qualification in Health & Safety.
Monday-Friday 08.30-17.30. 40 hours per week.
This role will be split between 3 of our developments based in London.
We operate as an equal opportunities employer.