Maintenance Operative - Permanent, Nine Elms, SW11 7DN
Hours: 40 per week, 08:00-17:00, Monday to Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- To respond effectively to all reactive tasks and engineering requests from Facilities Management and Resort Team.
- Perform routine maintenance where appropriate, recording all findings and subsequent remedial works.
- Record and report any health and safety risks observed to the wider Facilities Team.
- Meter readings (cooling, heating, water, gas & electricity) for Landlord’s utilities.
- Immediate response to certain issues. i.e. Initial leak investigation, leak clean-up, etc.
- Assist with general repairs to building fabric using Maintenance Operative skills covering painting, decorations, clearing gulley’s and drains etc. Ensuring they are kept free from debris, replacing door handles, latches, door closers etc.
- Support the Facilities Team in the management of the resort (inspections, coordinating with external service partners, providing access)
- Clean light fittings and to test lighting systems. Replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuses and starters and diffusers, in accordance with safe working practices.
- Provide support to other engineering operatives within the team to ensure effective service delivery.
- Carry out routine compliance tests, checks and record keeping for all building systems, in accordance with safe working practices. i.e. monthly checks of communal fire doors, weekly tests of AOVs & fire alarms.
- Carry out any other duties that may from time to time be required and may include support to other departments.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Understanding of good customer care.
- Experience with working in a residential environment.
- Experience in undertaking maintenance activities within a complex multi-building environment.
- Apprenticeship on a building trade.
- City & Guilds/NVQs in a building trade or equivalent
- Ability to use electronic CAFM and compliance systems
- IPAF qualification
Ballymore operate as an equal opportunities employer.