Main duties and Key responsibilities.
- Perform routine maintenance where appropriate, recording all findings and subsequent remedial works
- Record and report any health and safety risks observed to the wider Facilities Team.
- Meter readings (cooling, heating, water, gas & electricity) for Landlord’s utilities.
- Immediate response to certain issues. i.e. making safe, initial leak investigation, leak clean-up, etc.
Monthly checks of communal fire doors, assisting Security with fire alarm testing etc
- Assist with general repairs to building fabric using ‘handy-man’ skills covering painting, decorations, clearing gulley’s and drains etc. are kept free from debris, replacing door handles, latches, door closers etc.
- To clean light fittings and to test lighting systems replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuses and starters and diffusers in accordance with safe working practices.
- Provide support to other engineering operatives within the team to ensure effective service delivery.
- Perform duties in accordance with Departmental Health & Safety Policies & Procedures.
- Carry out routine tests, checks and record keeping for all of the building systems, in accordance with safe working practices.
- Carry out checks of Landlord areas, common parts and plant rooms to note any defects and to maintain plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Communicate all abnormal critical plant conditions as appropriate.
- Keep Engineering Manager and Property Manager updated on issues and progress.
- Estate operations, maintenance, breakdowns and client requirements.
- Carry out any other duties that may from time to time that may be required and may include support to other departments.
Skills and ability
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Experience in undertaking maintenance activities within a complex multi-building environment.
- Able to use initiative as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure·
- City & Guilds/NVQs in a building trade or equivalent.
- Understanding of good customer care.
- Experience with working in a residential environment.
- CSCS card holder (where applicable)
The role will be working 40 hours per week, 08.00am - 17.00pm Monday to Friday.
Weekend work may be required depending on the developments needs and requirements.
Ballymore operates as an equal opportunities employer.