Building Maintenance Operative – Permanent
Location – Mobile across London
Hours: 40 per week, 08.30am - 17.30pm Monday to Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend to issues at numerous London sites to evaluate damage and analyse repair.
- Tracing leaks to the source and then advising a time frame to repair.
- Painting & decorating.
- Basic plumbing.
- Basic carpentry.
- General building repairs.
- Update and report on job status and completions to management and site teams.
- Ensure works and tasks are completed to a very high standard and conform to industry legislation.
- Ensure health and safety action is carried out within industry compliance and company policy.
- Deliver a first-class service to customers and clients.
- Perform duties in accordance with departmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other duties that may from time to time be required.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Proven experience of working within the building or construction industry.
- Proven experience of working in public spaces
- Desirable, but not essential, would be a relevant City & Guilds qualification or similar.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience.
- Well organised with the ability to work to tight timescales and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a wide range of customers, contractors and other members of staff.
- Ability to work within a team and as an effective member of staff.
- An understanding of the need to deal with customers sensitively and to keep information confidential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Ballymore operate as an equal opportunities employer.