Property Manager - Permanent, Canary Wharf
40 hours per week, 08.30am - 17.30pm Monday to Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
As Property Manager you will:
- Support, managing, motivating, inspiring, encouraging and developing the site management teams and people to enable and allow them to deliver confidently and consistently an ever-evolving residential lifestyle experience across Wardian & Pan Peninsula.
- Provide day to day management responsibility for the management and supervision of the in-house staff and oversee the work of the in-house operations teams and external contractors.
- Put People first and lead by example, taking personal pride in everything that you do.
- Work hard to develop trusted working relationships.
- Provide Management support for all functions including daily operations, maintenance, financial reporting, training and development of employees and resident relations.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate staffing levels across the portfolio, work closely with the Talent Team interviewing, hiring and training. Management and development of staff in the site-based Team, ensuring that they are motivated and trained to achieve the necessary levels of skills and experience and that they operate to the appropriate service standards and procedures
- Monitoring consistent execution of all operational policies and procedures and recommend changes to improve overall functionality of business.
- Communicate and implement changes to improve overall business performance and ensure adherence.
- Ensure the provision of services and facilities is delivered throughout every aspect of the residential operation positioning Ballymore as the industry market leader, with a strong emphasis on the residents’ service experience, planned preventative maintenance, security and safety and the property asset management.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, legislation and obligations applicable to our sector. To have a thorough understanding of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 legislation, health & safety and employment legislation, as well as awareness of obligations covered under the leases and management agreements.
- Take the lead role in the development of a customer focused delivery in respect of all aspects of services and facilities, developing a residential community lifestyle in all aspects.
- Take appropriate action to address any service issues to the complete satisfaction of the resident and company in order to maintain customer loyalty and to ensure that all non-conformance issues and outcomes are recorded and decisively resolved.
- To work with the Property Director to design, implement and develop strategies to ensure the developments are managed and maintained to a best standard and Ballymore’s brand values.
- Ensure compliance with the Ballymore Fire, Health and Safety and Life Safety Systems Policies within the portfolio.
- Support the Property Director with all residents and client liaison and engagement with relevant residents’ associations.
- Manage the portfolio in-line with BAML’s vision and ambition and business plan in order to ensure we offer value for money to all residents and generate income and evolve and all business opportunities.
- Working with the relevant Head Office teams to manage the Arrears Process fully and effectively.
- The management of all Purchase Orders and Invoices utilising digital systems.
- Assist the Property Director in the local management of lease holding including private leases, leasing infringements and licences, etc.
- Management and review of MFA Matrix covering affordable and commercial property
- Landlord Liabilities - Maintaining and updating the schedule (to be submitted & reviewed monthly)
Skills & Experience
- Strong track record of working collaboratively, diplomatically and effectively with a wide range of people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience of using websites and web portals for communication and record keeping.
- Strong leadership skills that have been developed in a management environment.
- Knowledge and experience of front of house, leisure & fitness operations
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety Management in Leisure and mixed-use facilities.
- Extensive experience of leading both in house and externally contracted services in a complex multi-site environment.
- Experience working within property management role
- Team player, to use initiative
- Ability to execute and implement strategic and tactical plans.
- Ability to drive organisational and cultural change to create a sense of community
- The correct approach to energise and encourage others to collaborate effectively while motivating and managing the abilities of the team.
- Demonstrate good practice and knowledge of Health & safety legislation
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, or be prepared to obtain
- Industry relevant qualification e.g. IRPM…
- Knowledge of the Landlord and tenant Act 1985
We operate as an equal opportunities employer.