Post Room Operative - Canary Wharf - Permanent
Hours: 42 per week, 4 on, 4 off (7am - 7pm)
Exciting opportunity for a Post Room Operative to join one of our luxurious developments in East London on a permanent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that all requests & enquiries to the Post room Department (both in person and by telephone) are dealt with efficiently in a timely and professional manner adhering to SOP’s on every occasion.
- To implement Health & Safety for Post room operations, adhering to current SOP’s and legislation.
- To assist with the site fire and emergency procedures policy and ensuring relevant preventative measures undertaken.
- Ensure that work areas are always kept clean & tidy reporting any defects immediately.
- To ensure the Post room is secured at all times with any unauthorised access challenged & dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- To be a part of the Resort team maintaining the policies, company rules and quality of Ballymore Properties Ltd.
- Meeting and Greeting all residents/ couriers politely on drop off and collection of mail
- To liaise with the RSM and RD at all times in relation to requests for deliveries to & from the site via the Post room
- Ensure the smooth running of the communication systems within the Estate to SOP principles
- Correct reporting of any security / health and safety issues.
- Correct reporting of any incidents or complaints.
- Receiving and safekeeping of all parcels / registered mail, carrying out regular audits.
- Receipt of all postal & courier deliveries on behalf of residents & the estate, and the safekeeping and recording of same. Registered delivery/ valuable items to be secured in safe, ready for collection.
- Making out postal slips ready for delivery into resident’s post-boxes & the accurate recording of them ready for residents to sign for upon collection.
- Correct issuing of parcels / registered mail as per SOP’s.
- Receipt & Issue of residents’ dry cleaning/laundry ensuring relevant paperwork completed.
- When requested to carry out Estate key audit
- Pro-actively dealing with maintenance and cleaning problems identified within the estate.
- Always maintain a safe environment for all people in the estate.
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance in the Parcel Room and all Storage rooms.
- Be able to give a clear and precise handover at the end of your shift, highlighting all events that happened and forthcoming events.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge and experience of software systems to aid with front of house and security.
- Team player, to use initiative.
- Experience of working in a team in a complex multi-site environment.
- Good verbal communication and good written skills.
- Ability to execute and implement strategic and tactical plans.
- Ability to drive organisational and cultural change to create a sense of community.
- The correct approach to energise and encourage others to collaborate effectively while motivating and managing the abilities of the team.
- Demonstrate good practice and knowledge of Health and safety legislation.
Ballymore operates as an equal opportunities’ employer.