- Mechanical or Electrical Building Services related degree or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years design experience working for a Consultancy or Contractor.
- Preferably mechanically biased with knowledge of LTHW and ChW systems utilising HIUs and FCUs.
- Preferably to have experience working on residential schemes with knowledge of applicable regulations and standards.
Roles & Responsibilities
The MEP Design Manager will be working as part of a central team, the Design Support Group (DSG), based at Head Office. The DSG is responsible for providing technical/design support on multiple live construction and post construction/operational projects across the business’s portfolio.
To be responsible for assisting the DSG with:
- Reviewing early (circa stage 2) design information for technical compliance and adherence to the client’s requirements operationally, aesthetically and in-line with cost expectations.
- Monitoring design development from Stage 2 through to tender and construction stage information ensuring values are maintained.
- Supporting the Design, Construction or Operational Teams in resolving any technical (design or operational) issues that have arisen. Actively participate in developing solutions and ensuring effective implementation.
- Monitoring and/or reviewing project commissioning activities and providing feedback and guidance on when systems are not operating inline with the original design intent/operational strategy.
- Exploring and investigating new/alternative technologies and solutions.
- Reviewing/monitoring the operation of occupied/existing developments, identifying areas of optimisation and participating in the development and implementation of the necessary remedial strategy and works.
Extent of scope is not solely restricted to the above but to include providing support in all aspects of Building Services and M&E system design and operation as required or arises as a result of the day to day functioning of the business. To coordinate and liaise with the DSG, MEP and Design Teams across different construction projects and Asset Management Teams.