Facilities Administrator - Permanent, West Silvertown (E16)
Hours: 40 per week, 08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the on-site Facilities Team with administrational aspects of the development.
- Reporting into the Facilities Manager (FM) and working with him/her to ensure the smooth running of the estate and the delivery of excellent customer service to residents and commercial tenants.
- E-mail correspondence & communication on behalf of FM department on site.
- To attend & minute meetings as required.
- To maintain Insurance correspondence, records & tracker information at all times. This includes communicating with Residents/Leaseholders/Managing Agents and Contractors to arrange access for leak tracing and repair.
- To liaise with the Resort Team & the support office as required.
- To deputise in absence of Facilities Coordinator.
- To ensure all the records of planned maintenance and servicing activities are kept up to date.
- Responsible for recording relevant accurate information on all Service Partners, Consultants and Suppliers relating to Facilities & Maintenance
- Be the first point of contact for the on-site Facilities Team in relation to all telephone enquiries, emails and letters and B-Life.
- Draft communication to residents, Resort Team and commercial units for planned works, unplanned disruptions, loss of services or planned/unplanned isolations of services.
- General administrational duties such as maintaining efficient electronic and paper filing systems, trackers and diary management
- Arrange access (both Landlord’s areas and residential & commercial demised areas) for any planned essential works
- Assist Facilities Coordinator on dealing with any reactive works raised as out-of-hour call-outs and contact the Service Partners to ensure that all site reports are signed and follow up accordingly.
Health, Safety, Welfare & Compliance
- Understand and adhere to the Resort’s Emergency Action Plan in the event of an emergency situation.
- Report and record any accidents in the accident book and also ensure that Accident, Incident and Near Miss Reporting Procedure is followed locally.
- Have a good understanding of health, safety & compliance activities across the development
- Review and maintain up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures relative to facilities management activities on site, using standardised templates.
- Carry out regular inspections and H&S audits across the estate and action findings accordingly.
- Carry out regular readings of utility meters and provide data to the Facilities department for central tracking and analysis with the Facilities Coordinator or Facilities Manager.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- To hold, or be working towards, a NEBOSH or IOSH accredited qualification in Health & Safety. (Desirable)
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills (inc telephone manner) With the ability to deliver clear and concise information both verbally and written.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Experience working in facilities or estate management for a minimum of 1 year (Essential)
- Experience in the management of external suppliers, contractors and consultants covering a range of services (Desirable)
- Familiarity with facilities documentation including O&M manuals, drawings, engineer reports, compliance certificates and PPM planners
- Ensure problems that arise are dealt with and solutions are found to ensure the smooth running of the department.
We operate as an equal opportunities employer