Credit Control Manager - X2 Positions available - Canary Wharf, E14
1 - Permanent position, 40 hours per week (08.30am - 17.30pm, Mon to Fri)
1 - 6 Month fixed term contract, 40 hours per week (08.30am - 17.30pm, Mon to Fri)
- Active collection of outstanding debts through calls, emails or letters, notifying debtors of overdue invoices and encouraging them to pay
- Maintaining regular contact with clients to ensure proper management of debt.
- Develop close relationships with significant clients (e.g. Housing Associations, Commercial tenants) to ensure efficient collection of outstanding debts
- Overseeing the issuing of statements to debtors on a regular basis or as required
- Ensure cash collection targets and aged debt targets are met
- Using professional judgement to identify potential bad debts at an early stage and taking the appropriate action to correct the situation
- Negotiating with debtors to ensure extended credit terms are appropriately managed and monitored.
- Taking active steps to ensure that debtor ledgers are properly maintained including the monitoring of unallocated cash and credit notes.
- Keeping an accurate record of debt chasing activities to support any decisions made to refer debtors for legal recovery
Skills & Experience
- Numeracy, professional judgment and good communication skills.
- More than 5 years experience of credit control gained in a substantial commercial organisation. Experience of credit control management gained with a residential managing agent would be an advantage
- An understanding of leasehold law and the impact of legislation on the recovery of lessee debt would be an advantage
- Expected to demonstrate professional behaviour in all involvements with external stakeholders
We operate as an equal opportunities employer.