Concierge - Permanent - East London, West Silvertown
42 hours per week - 4 on 4 off days/nights (7am-7pm / 7pm-7am)
Duties & Responsibilities
• To provide a quality service to the residents and ensure individual requests are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.
• To assist with the security of residents and the building at all times, ensuring that the safety of all residents and visitors is maintained.
• To ensure that all requests & enquiries to the Concierge Department (both in person, email and by telephone) are dealt with efficiently in a timely and professional manner on every occasion.
• Accepting and issuing of resident’s parcels.
• Meeting and greeting all residents, guests and clients. Demonstrate stand to greet service.
• Ensure the smooth running of the communication systems within the Estate i.e., telephone, radio’s, internal intercom system, b. Life etc.
• Ensure only authorized persons are given access to areas.
• Issuing of visitor parking permits, offering explanations to the onsite parking procedures.
• Aid the Security of the estate by communicating regularly with them including informing them of any concerning matters that have been notified to concierge.
• Liaising with cleaning staff regarding domestic rubbish being removed from apartments and removing rubbish if necessary, following operating procedures.
• Correct reporting of any security / health and safety issues.
• Correct reporting of any incidents or complaints.
• Safekeeping of security keys on behalf of residents and the estate, strictly following standard operating procedures at all times.
• Issuing of keys only to the correct personnel / residents. Strictly checking that the appropriate authorisation & disclaimers are in place.
• Cross training of other resort departments.
• Responding to resident enquiries by the b. Life system ensuring the time constraints are met for open tickets.
• Receipt & issue of residents’ dry cleaning/laundry ensuring relevant paperwork is completed.
• Apartment & Estate key audit during night shift, with follow up for any missing keys with the last person in possession.
• Pro-actively dealing with maintenance and cleaning problems that are identified within the estate.
• Maintain a safe environment for all people in the estate at all times.
• Secure handling of people’s data, ensuring the PC is locked when not in use or nearby. Ensuring you comply by GDPR.
• Report any accidents and record in the accident book as appropriate.
• Turn on and off the lobby lights at the appropriate times.
• Ability to handle high pressure moments where many people may be queuing. The capacity to deal with complex issues and the ability to stay calm when dealing with challenging people.
• Conduct monthly stock checks of the first-aid box, concierge stock within concierge office and requisition supplies as appropriate.
• Assist residents in a friendly, proactive and efficient manner with appropriate follow-up as necessary.
• Know all essential aspects of the resort.
• Build a good rapport with residents
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills.
• Polite and confident with a great deal of patience.
• Ability to multi-task and time-manage.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
We operate as an equal opportunities employer
Unfortunately you don't meet the minimum requirements for this role.