Assistant Operations Manager - E1W , Wapping - Permanent
40 hours per week, 08.30am - 17.30pm Monday to Friday
- Line Manager responsibility for the day operation staff.
- Ensure the duties of all staff are carried out to their specific job descriptions and contractual obligations.
- Ensure the duties of all staff are undertaken in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
- Assist with training new staff using the relevant training forms to the required standard. Review and monitor staff performance and ensure it is documented in regular 1:1 meetings which must be documented and signed.
- Ensure the building plant and equipment is being operated efficiently and in accordance with company procedures and O&M manuals with the assistance of the Cluster Facilities Manager.
- Ensure parcels & post, laundry are secure and only accepted and stored in accordance with the parcel receiving procedure (logged on b.life or other system).
- Ensure all apartment security keys and resort keys issued to residents and staff/visitors/contractors are recorded, be that in TRAKA or a manual system.
- Use the residents web portal and other systems to track and communicate with residents and other stakeholders such as owners, commercial partners, housing associations, contractors etc.
- Ensure all check sheets relating to the concierge, security, valet, housekeeping and leisure operation are completed satisfactorily and on time. Ensure Building patrols, standards of security, cleaning and maintenance are delivered or presented “best in class” and report any concerns or defects.
- Carry out regular radio checks and periodic patrols around the building and common areas to ensure that standards of Cleanliness, Security and Health & Safety are being strictly adhered to and monitored.
- Take responsibility for the Fire Control Centre room ensuring that it is fully manned and operating to required standards. Maintain an active role in ensuring all fire and life safety systems are operational, regularly tested and that staff are competent in the operation of related alarm systems and emergency procedures.
- Ensure all payments from residents during your shift are secure and passed at the earliest opportunity to the Estates office.
Experience & Qualifications
- Ideally an experienced Property Manager, Estate Manager or Building Manager with Health & Safety knowledge. Immaculate presentation, excellent communication skills both verbal and written, adaptable and personable nature, additionally with residential management experience.
- Excellent Customer Service experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in partnership with managers, colleagues, residents, and contractors.
- Ability to manage teams (to deliver key areas related to job profile) and monitor and review performance.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and the ability to ensure value for money and the effective use of resources.
- Highly organised with an acute attention to detail.
- Ability to make investigative enquires when issues arise and maintain an objective view.
- Use initiative and take ownership of problems.
We operate as an equal opportunities employer