Assistant Health Club Manager - Permanent, West Silvertown (E16)
Hours: 40 per week, on a rota basis working 5 days per week between the hours of 05.45am - 23.15pm, Monday to Sunday (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work alongside the Health Club Manager (HCM) in the day to day running of the Health Club, including line managing the Fitness Coaches and being first point of contact for Leisure within your facility.
- To support the HCM to deliver exceptional customer service and help to promote a service orientated culture amongst the staff and contracted service providers linked to continuous improvement.
- To greet and interact with residents/guests, carry out duties, as specified, ensure the environment and the equipment is clean and tidy at all times and to make the residents/guests’ experience a fantastic one on every visit.
- In absence of the HCM to oversee the running of the Health Club.
- Assist the HCM with ideas and strategies to keep the Health Club as clean and well run as possible.
- To teach classes and train clients when required
- Make sure all health club content including posters, timetables & Technogym content are maintained with up to date information and are aesthetically pleasing with RW branding.
- To clean and maintain the fitness equipment ensuring checklists are completed daily by the Fitness Team and yourself.
- Be able to recognise opportunities and refer, promote/sell PT, wellness, exercise classes, master classes or any other service offered by the Leisure facility.
- To be directly responsible for the supervision and day to day management of the Fitness Coaches, ensuring the duties of such staff are carried out in accordance with their job descriptions.
- Support the HCM with the hiring, training and development of the Fitness Team.
- Design and implement group exercises timetable – promote within site and have a clear understanding of each classes purpose including virtual classes. Train team to be adept at using booking systems also.
- Liaise with the HCM with regards to any training needs or performance issues/concerns.
- Conduct staff appraisals, weekly 1 to 1s and probationary meetings identifying any areas of development.
- Work closely with the HCM to ensure all functions within the Health Club are operating efficiently and effectively with frequent checks recorded and filed.
- Make recommendations with regard to best practice in respect to site operations to the HCM.
- Ensure that daily checks on equipment are undertaken & any issues reported instantly.
- To be a point of contact for residents/guests queries and complaints and to answer proficiently and professionally or refer appropriately to the relevant agent. Ensuring the HCM is informed of complaints and progress.
- Motivate and inspire the Fitness Team to deliver a supportive and sympathetic front of house service to residents. Encourage the team to build a good rapport with the residents.
- Servicing all residents and guests and ensuring a safe, clean and enjoyable experience within the Leisure facility.
Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with clients.
- Passionate, lively, approachable.
- Pro-active self-starter.
- Good team player.
- Ability to offer constructive advice to others.
- Good working knowledge of health & safety.
- Previous experience delivering fitness training classes.
- Preparing personal work schedules.
- Experience of running multifaceted Health Clubs.
- Recognised fitness qualification Personal Trainer Level 3 or above.
We operate as an equal opportunities employer.