Aftercare Engineer - East London (1 Year rolling fixed term contract)
40 hours per week between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of reactive works orders in line with trade qualification and experience as evaluated.
- To respond effectively to all defects tasks scheduled by the Helpdesk.
- To undertake all works as detailed, delivering a first class service to customers and clients.
- Ensure defects are logged and reported back via the communication channels provided.
- Ensure works and tasks are completed to a very high standard and conform to industry legislation.
- Identifying new innovative ways to ensure costs are driven down.
- To carry out ‘tradesman’ repairs to communal areas and apartments as instructed.
- To maintain repairs, upgrades to defects in a timely and professional manner in accordance with schedules and standards as directed by the Aftercare Manager.
- Perform duties in accordance with Departmental Health & Safety Policies & Procedures.
- To fully diagnose any defect problems within the appropriate trade area.
- Keep Aftercare Manager, Helpdesk Agent, Property Team and Site Management informed at all times.
- To manage defects to completion including breakdowns, investigations, sourcing of materials and parts, provision of quotes and to arrange the repair.
- Be responsible for parts ordering and security of stock / ensure all materials used are logged in with financial policies
Skills, experience & qualifications
- Good practical skills with a knowledge of a range of different skills sets with a good attitude.
- Well organised with the ability to work to tight timescales and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a wide range of customers, contractors and other members of staff.
- An understanding of the need to deal with customers sensitively and to keep information confidential.
- Ability to take on individual project work and demonstrate initiative.
- Trade experience and relevant high end market experience of construction / repairs / maintenance.
- Willing to undertake specific trade qualifications whilst working full time to include Supervisory qualification.
- C&G / NVQ Electrical installation.
- 17th Edition qualified.
- CSCS Trade qualification (construction skills certificate scheme).
We operate as an equal opportunities employer.