Fitness Coach - Permanent, West Silvertown - E16
Hours: 40 hours per week –between the hours of 05:45-23:15, Mon-Sun (On a rota basis, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
Your new role:
Ballymore is an independently-minded property developer with a multi award-winning
portfolio of some of Europe’s largest urban development projects.
We’re powered by our people - it’s what makes Ballymore, Ballymore. This ethos is only possible because of our people, who work as one team to constantly and consistently deliver developments to which we are proud to put our name.
We are now looking for someone to join one of our prestigious sites as a Fitness Coach, providing excellent customer service to our residents.
Your new responsibilities:
- To support the Health Club Manager with all operational aspects of the leisure facility.
- To contribute to the development of the department by promoting the leisure services to members and tracking their progress.
- To consistently deliver a ‘best in class’ level of customer care to all residents and guests.
- To work as an integral part of the team, to greet and interact with residents/guests, carry out duties as specified and ensure the environment and equipment is maintained to the highest standards.
- Proactively ensure the smooth and professional running of the leisure facility.
- Teach exercise classes to residents/guests of the leisure facility.
- When required train residents/guests in personal training.
- Answer all residents and guests’ questions, concerns and complaints professionally, effectively and in a timely manner, where necessary refer on to the appropriate person.
- Be fully familiar with the services offered by the leisure facility/resort and serve as a customer service liaison between residents/guests and management.
- Help with resident/guest retention and growth by interacting in an intelligent, tactful and friendly manner.
- Communicate regularly with the HCM and offer suggestions regarding improvements to the operation of the leisure facilities.
- Undertake all responsibility vested in the post-holder in relation to such legislation as the Health & Safety at Work act, Fire Cautions, COSHH, etc.
- Complete all procedural documentation in a timely basis (incident reports, maintenance requests, and shift changes etc.).
- Stock all storage units; clean and organize all fitness areas, including cleaning all fitness equipment, studios and any rooms/areas within the leisure facility.
- Monitor music levels and ensure the audible level of TV and sound systems are not disrupting member workouts by being too loud that they are audible over personal head phones.
- Check and sign the communications log on a consistent basis and communicate with the HCM on an ‘as needed’ basis.
- Make sure all notice boards are maintained with up-to-date information and are aesthetically pleasing.
- Attend all weekly departmental meetings and any other staff meetings, as arranged.
- Be able to recognize opportunities and refer, promote/sell PT, wellness, exercise classes, master classes or any other service offered by the leisure facility.
- Maintain a personal clean, neat, healthy and professional appearance. Correct and complete uniform must be worn at all times.
- Cover the fitness reception as and when required.
What you need to succeed:
- Recognised fitness qualification Personal Trainer Level 3 or above.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with clients.
- Passionate, lively, approachable and charismatic.
- Pro-active self-starter.
- Good team player.
- Ability to offer constructive advice to others.
- Good working knowledge of health & safety.
- Face to face customer services experience.
- Experience in delivering fitness training classes.
Ballymore operate as an equal opportunities employer.