Fitness Coach - Permanent, Canning Town – E14
Hours: 40 hours per week –between the hours of 05:45-23:15, Mon-Sun (On a rota basis, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, or 10 hours per day, 4 days per week)
Your new role:
Ballymore is an independently-minded property developer with a multi award-winning
portfolio of some of Europe’s largest urban development projects.
We’re powered by our people - it’s what makes Ballymore, Ballymore. This ethos is only possible because of our people, who work as one team to constantly and consistently deliver developments to which we are proud to put our name.
We are now looking for someone to join one of our prestigious sites as a Fitness Coach, providing excellent customer service to our residents.
Your new responsibilities:
- To support the Health Club Manager and Estate Management Team with all operational aspects of the leisure facility.
- To consistently deliver a high level of customer care to all residents and guests.
- To follow health and safety guidelines to ensure the fitness clubs facilities are safe for the members/residents.
- Conduct health and safety checks such as pool testing and general health and safety surveillance.
- To contribute to the development of the department by promoting the leisure services to members and tracking their progress.
- To work as an integral part of the team, to greet and interact with residents/guests, carry out duties as specified and ensure the environment and equipment is maintained to the highest standards.
- To personal train clients when required.
- Teach exercise classes to residents/guests of the Leisure facility.
- To conduct daily Sky Pool inspections and report everything back to the HCM.
- To be the first respondent in case of any emergency in the Leisure facility.
- Be fully familiar with the services offered by the Leisure facility/estate and serve as a customer service liaison between residents/guests and management.
- To carry out Gym inductions and Sky Pool inductions.
- Undertake all responsibility vested in the post-holder in relation to such legislation as the Health & Safety at Work Act, Fire Cautions, COSHH, etc.
- Complete all procedural documentation on a timely basis (incident reports, maintenance requests, and shift changes etc.).
- Stock all storage units; clean and organize all fitness areas, including cleaning all fitness equipment, studios and any rooms/areas within the leisure facility.
- Monitor music levels and ensure the audible level of TV and sound systems are not disrupting member workouts by being too loud that they are audible over personal headphones.
- If your shift ends and there is no replacement you must remain in until appropriate cover has been identified and the HCM has been notified.
- Attend all departmental meetings and any other staff meetings, as arranged.
- Be able to recognize opportunities and refer, promote/sell PT, wellness, exercise classes, master classes or any other service offered by the Leisure facility.
- Continue your own ongoing education and training, in conjunction with that provided by the leisure facility/BPL.
- Cover the fitness reception when required.
- Able to cover Welcome Host when needed.
- The post-holder will be required to perform other duties to those listed above, for example, assisting with special events or functions, pool testing, assisting with the pool plant.
- The post holder may be required from time to time to work within other Estates Leisure facilities and therefore may not be based on one single site.
What you need to succeed:
- Recognised fitness qualification Personal Trainer Level 3 or above.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with clients.
- Passionate, lively, approachable and charismatic.
- Pro-active self-starter.
- Good team player.
- Ability to offer constructive advice to others.
- Good working knowledge of health & safety.
- Face to face customer services experience.
- Experience in delivering fitness training classes.
What will you get in return:
- Great progression and development opportunities for many developments across the business.
- Opportunity to Personal Train on shift up to 2 times (3 times if you choose to PT on lunch break).
- Opportunity to Personal Train off shift to no limit.
- Technology benefit
- Medical cash plan scheme
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Discounted gym membership
- Workplace nursery benefit
Ballymore operate as an equal opportunities employer.